Saturday, May 2, 2009

Mischevious Lou

We have all of the girls toys in the basement. They had made a little bit of a mess today and I had asked them to clean it up. They weren't interested. The rule at our house is if I clean it up it becomes mine. It's on timeout until I decide they have earned it back. I cleaned everything up in a laundry basket and gave them the opportunity to put it all away. I told them, "Put this away or else it will be mine." Then I started up the stairs. I stopped as I heard Lorelei telling Ema, "We've got to hide this, hurry put it in our room." I poked my head around the corner and saw her pushing the laundry basket full of toys towards the hallway and their room. I'm sure it ended up half-way down the hallway, and that is where it will stay until I claim it as mine, and they break down in tears.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Smart Girl! Somedays, I wish I could do that!

Michelle said...

I remember having my toys confiscated. I thought my mom threw them away but they were really in a plastic bag in her closet.