Thursday, January 17, 2008


I had my first doctor's appointment on Tuesday of
this week. I was 13 weeks so I thought for sure we'd hear
the heart beat. And to my worst fear, we didn't. My doctor
reassured me that everything was probably fine, but let's
do an ultrasound just to make sure. Luckily they got it scheduled
for the next day so I didn't have to wait very long.
The baby is fine, has a normal heart beat, and looks great.
Still too early to tell the gender.



You can see a little hand and foot in this picture.
Technology is amazing! We're so lucky to live now
and have all these amazing things to help make sure our
little ones make it here safely.

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Zach 'n' Jack said...

OH, what a relief. I know exactly how you were feeling when you hear nothing at all, it is pretty scary! I'm glad everything turned out to be fine!!!!

Maren said...

Hi Jackie, it's Maren Creswell! I found your blog through Jenny Urry's. Congratulations!!! That is so exciting that you're having another baby! I hope the pregnancy is treating you well so far. You can see my blog at dallinmaren.blogspot.com. Can I put your blog on my list of links? It has been fun to see what your little family has been up to lately. Looks like you had a fun Christmas, and --HURRAY!-- you're so close to being done with law school now. Take care and have a great day!

theamazingjohnsons said...

I am glad things are okay! Ultrasounds are pretty amazing, aren't they? I'm glad you let me know your due date and everything and I am sorry you are feeling yucky. I am right there with ya. That's so sad about Loralei standing next to you crying! Cadence just likes to tell me that she is sick because she has a baby in her tummy too. Good grief. Anyway, I hope you get feeling better soon!

Michelle said...

I may be crazy but I think u/s pictures are so cute! Look at that tiny hand and foot! I'm gad everything is okay.

Nate and Annika Phillips said...

Jackie, it's Annika from way back when. So good to hear about your new little one! I linked over from Tiff's site. What a great family you have!

jenny said...

What a cute little jelly bean ;) I am very relieved that everything is okay!!

Virgil and Jamie said...

Jackie and Cameron!
Congratulations! We are so excited for you. We are still waiting for baby number 3 to arrive--any day now. We'll be waiting for the news on gender....
Jamie and Virgil